CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day Present

Hey there everyone! I am back from my visit with family and I had a great time seeing them all again. I was able to be with them during Mother's Day and I had made a project for my mom that I can now share pictures of. This was one of those projects that I couldn't post up yet, but that I was working on. Now that my mom has it, you can all see what it is I did.
 This was my first attempt at making an altered book, and I think that it turned out really well. What I did was take a hard cover book and completely gut of all the pages and binding. Then I painted the cover with a white acrylic paint using a large bristled brush to give the cover an aged whitewashed wood appearance. Next I took double sided scrapbook paper and cut it to fit in the book, wove a tea dyed ribbon into the spine and the pages and then decorated the book with pictures of my mom, her kids, quotes on mothers and artwork. Have a look at the final product here. If you have questions on how to make your own, contact me. Or if you would like me to make you one, contact me as well. I will be making a tutorial for this project in the near future, so keep checking in on the Fun Projects page here on this blog. Enjoy the pictures!



Thanks for stopping in and come back often for new projects and updates!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, a suggestion or share your own ideas! I love hearing from other scrappers. If you prefer to not leave a public message, you can email me at scrapamoment@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!