CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Activity Day +The Importance of Journal Writing=Journal Boxes

I promise I am not averaging a week between posts...I have my own car now and I have been enjoying getting out of the house lately!
 Yesterday the little girls from my church (ages 10 and 11) came to my house like they do twice a month for what's called Activity Day. I am the leader for this age group and I wanted to teach the girls the importance of keeping a journal to record their thoughts and dreams for future generations. I know that sometimes for me it is hard to constantly thing of something new to write, so we made journal boxes. It's a box that the girl got to decorate any way they wanted and then they filled it with prompts and ideas to pull out when they are having a block. I had seen something similar before in a glass jar, but while I was at the dollar store, I found these cute, plain little boxes. Perfect for a Thursday craft project. So, I threw different colored pom-pom puff balls, colored glue paint, glitter glue, ribbons, decorative scissors and a whole big file folder of my scrapbook paper scraps and let the girls go to town. Here's what the results were...



One box filled with the prompts...

The girls had so much fun decorating their boxes but they used soooo much of the colored glue that I kept the boxes at my house over night to dry so that they wouldn't ruin their parents cars! 

Oh yeah, I made one too....just for fun....


Thanks for coming by!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aubrey~ thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving such kind comments.
    These boxes are just adorable. What a great idea!
    Again, I thank you for your blog support.
    Keep Crafting!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, a suggestion or share your own ideas! I love hearing from other scrappers. If you prefer to not leave a public message, you can email me at scrapamoment@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!