CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pavé and Decoupage

Happy Tuesday everyone! I had the chance yesterday to experiment with a new medium...tile grout. I have been wanting to make a pavé box for quite some time now and while I was out and about, I came across some mosiac tile grout to do the job. I think these boxes are so cute and though they can be time consuming, they are actually quite easy as well. All it is, is a wooden box, some paint, left over scrapbook paper, clear gem accent beads, glue and tile grout. Take a look...

I used some very light colors of scrapbook paper. Soft blues, and greens. It reminds me after it was all grouted together of the ocean.

 
It's a combination of some of the accent beads with paper under them and some that I left clear. I love this box, and will be willing to teach how to make them or make them for others! They are so fun and can have a variety of different results. At the dollar store (where I bought the beads), they also had little bags of sea glass and other really pretty pieces that I want to try as well. 

The second thing I did was go decoupage crazy! This is the season of everyone being pregnant and getting ready to have babies {so it seems anyway!}, so I wanted to come up with a creative gift box for a baby shower gift. I happened to have a left over box from the journal box activity and thought about how long it had been since I had done a decent decoupage. So, that's just what I did. I decoupaged the box in different shades of pinks and I am going to find a little pair of pink booties to stick inside the box as well. I am also making one in different shades of blue. I am debating whether or not I want to put on "It's a Girl or It's a boy". or anything relating to that. But you can let me know what you think...
  
So that's what I have been up to. Tomorrow night I am teaching some of the teenage girls from my church
Explosion Boxes. It will be fun! Thanks for coming in and hope you enjoyed yourself. If you want instructions or for me to make you the
pavé box, let me know! I would be happy to.







Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hello Aubrey~ this box is so textural & unique. Great job.
    By the way, there is an award awaiting your retrieval on my blog so come on over & get it.
    Thanks for your blog support.
    Don't forget to pass it on to 10 other sweet bloggers.
    Happy crafting,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, a suggestion or share your own ideas! I love hearing from other scrappers. If you prefer to not leave a public message, you can email me at scrapamoment@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!